Saturday, January 2, 2010

Halwara Camaraderie after 14 years!!

My 'eve' of new years eve of 2010 ( 2009?) could'nt have been better! On the 30 Dec last year the pals of Halwara met. Halwara was my first place of posting whilst my tenure in VayuSena. Five of us, techies shared a wonderful friendship...a bond beyond compare. It had been fourteen years since we'd said our goodbyes to each other as all of us were posted out to units that were hardly well connected...For a services pro, the first place of posting etches itself deep in memories. Ditto to us ...Punjab, for us Southies was a place to reckon and actually understand the nuances to strike vibes with the locals. Our shopping expeditions to Ludhiana, haggling on the prices for the juthis, negotiating the huge glasses of Lassi, bearing the glares of the locals, driving my first scooter, bouncing for food, former call-ons....I can go on relentlessly.

Amazingly, t

he camaraderie that we shared almost a decade and a half back had not waned at all despite the different courses our lives have chartered. Farida's absence was very prominent..she should've been there for that picture perfect retrospective. As was the general practice Moses was the soft target with Uday and Sudhir chiding him.

I am reminded of one of Farida's mail when she had remarked that our Halwara days were the 'golden' ones. How true!

I am so glad that our family members also connected so well and shared our goodwill !!

Hope we meet again ...this time with Farida.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow can't believe its 14 years! Kudos to all of you for making it happen. Happy to note I was missed :-)

Cheers
Fary

Hema said...

Uday has passed away.....it has shocked me. How unbeleivable!!!..He RIP. My prayers are with his family